Our Business Sponsors:
- Icard & Strein Family Dentistry
- Smile Cabarrus
50/50 Raffle Winner
We are happy to announce the winner of the latest raffle: Dave W. Thank you for all those who supported The Friends of The Harrisburg Library raffle. We certainly appreciate your support.
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
Join us! Visit the FOHL display in the library breezeway lobby and pick up a membership form or go to the Become a Friend section of this web site. Memberships are $10 and up.
Find &"Like" Us On Facebook...
Patrons, Volunteers Help Us Continue To Grow And Grow...
A community’s library greatly contributes to its vitality and intellectual growth, but its survival depends on the generosity and commitment of its patrons, who are driven by that shared belief, a mutual passion for reading, and a lifelong quest for learning and knowledge.
The Harrisburg Library is no exception. The town’s library is able to accomplish its goals and go beyond the book shelves through the help of its Friends. Because of its generous and active members, the Friends of the Harrisburg Library (FOHL), a not-for-profit organization, has been able to support the local library by:
- Providing the library with new books and much- needed equipment, such as book drops and displays, carts and baskets, an up-to-date globe, and other materials that expand the library’s offerings and services, and help make library operations more efficient for its staff and patrons;
- Recruiting and scheduling volunteers to shelve and organize books and provide supplemental help to the library staff. Each year, a monthly average of 36 volunteers give an annual total of nearly 3,000 hours of service;
- Sponsoring events and programs for patrons of all ages, including summer reading programs, after-school teen reading programs, and author receptions and other adult programs;
- Organizing fundraisers such as raffles and the sale of used books, literary-themed gift baskets, and commemorative library walkway bricks, all of which most recently helped create the library’s teen area.
Future plans for the FOHL include helping the library achieve its goals for increased technology training and programming, a public computer lab, and private study rooms for tutoring.
But it is strong ongoing support from Harrisburg’s residents that helps the Friends continue to make a difference and make the Harrisburg Library the best it can be. Remember, borrow freely and give generously because it all comes back to you -- for you and the community.
New Membership Incentives
Support Friends Through Amazon Smile Program
The Friends of the Harrisburg Library (FOHL) is participating in Amazon Smile, a simple and automatic way for you to support the FOHL every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection, and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the FOHL. For more information, go to: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1561050
New & Noteworthy...
HELP WANTED: The FOHL Board of Directors is looking for new board members and/or volunteers, particularly in the critical areas of communications, fundraising, and membership. Attendance is welcome at any board meeting, and anyone interested may send an email by clicking on the "Send an email to FOHL" link on this page, filling out the form in either the Volunteer or Contact Us sections of this web site, or sending your request directly to: [email protected]